Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 10: The End of Our Wonderful Experience


 


I can not believe  how the time has passed so fast. It has been  a wonderful time to be part of the  webskills class with our dear Core Instructor Janine Sepulveda who always was there to give us the required support. With a depth sadness in my heart I can see the closer end of this fascinated first online experience in my life. I remember how the afraid
involved me at the beginning trying to understand the weekly  assignments, readings, tasks and weekly discussions, however now I feel proud thinking how much I have learned from the course.  I have to say that  the past nine weeks have been a great  opportunity to learn a great deal of online resources, techniques , strategies  and other meaningful tools that are going to help  make my English  classes more  effective .  I have learned a lot about nicenet, blogs,  webquest, rubrics and  sites to practice listening, reading , writing and even speaking, Making comments and reflecting  about  topics related with teaching and learning pedagogy  were appropriate to learn how to overcome  possible issues or difficulties on our students performance.  Reading my peers comments, thoughts, opinions and insights  has been so constructive to expand my knowledge, apply new practices and do the best in my everyday work. All the material and the information provided thought the links were quite meaningful in order to  incorporate the new  computer based tools  and  make the best use of the technology in class. With the purpose to build a new learning environment, the use of some tools like emails,   blogs, webquest , audio labs, interactive power point presentations in a one computer classroom have been already introduced and  incorporated  in my classes and as a response students feel quite motivated to work using  online activities and exploring  tools that have not been used before.

This webskills course has been the best opportunity I’ve ever had thanks to University of Oregon  and the American English Institute  for this  wonderful experience. I am so exited to share all this knowledge with my future students and with my English colleagues at the whole school.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Vilmita,

    I do share your excitement. It has been a marvelous time, which has flown by so quickly. The amount of information we've received was so abundant. Therefore, siding with you I say, that I cannot wait to share all of the things I've learnt.

    good luck in your future,
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lina
      I agree with you , we have spent really nice moments in our webskills class. The course was excellent and this experience gave me valuable tips to grow as a person , too . I hope to continue being friends and share some other experiences with you in the future. Don't forget we are now friends.

      Best wishes

      Vilma

      Delete
  2. Hello Vilmita,

    I completely agree with you that this was a great experience for all of us. I also feel a little bit sad because the time went by so fast but I hope that we will all keep in touch with each other.
    I also look forward to share all this knowledge with my colleagues.

    I wish you everything the best in your future life and career.

    Rade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rade thanks for your comment. I am sure we will all keep in touch with each other I learned a lot from you and I hope we can see each other on facebook to continue sharing our experiences. I also wish you the best in your professional and personal life.

      Best wishes

      Vilma

      Delete